Kurdish Militant G roup (TAK) Claims Responsibility For Ankara Bombing

Kurdish militant group TAK claims responsibility for Ankara bombing says revenge for  civilian, were  killed in Cizre , Southeastern of Turkey.  Group  threatened new attacks targeting tourist areas.

 
The Kurdistan Freedom Falcons (TAK), who have been linked previously to the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), said the bombing on Wednesday was an act of revenge against “fascist” Turkey and military in the south-east.
“On February 17 in the evening a suicide attack was carried out by a sacrifice warrior on a military convoy of the fascist Turkish Republic in Ankara.

 
“The attack was realised by the Immortal Battalion of the TAK,” the TAK said in a statement on their website.
The bombing injured at least 80 others and took place in the administrative heart of the capital, close to parliament and other government ministries.
The day after, the Turkish president and prime minister blamed Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG) and Democratic Union Party (PYD), linked to the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK).The groups denied any link to the attack.
The TAK also vowed to destroy Turkey’s tourism as it warned foreigners and Turkish citizens away from “touristic areas”.
“We warn the foreign and native tourists not go to the touristic areas in Turkey. We are not responsible for who will die in the attacks targeting those areas,” it said.

 
Earlier in the day, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, the Turkish president, said the attacker, named by authorities as Salah Najar, was part of the YPG.“There are three names who played an active role. The perpetrator is the Syrian Kurdish Democratic Union (PYD) and the YPG. We have no doubt about that,” Mr Erdogan said on Friday, according to Hurriyet Daily News.

 
Since the 1980s, the Turkish state and Kurdish guerrilla fighters from the PKK have been locked in a bloody conflict, which saw up to 40,000 killed over three decades.

 

 

 

 

The TAK first came to the attention of Western media in recent months after it launched a mortar bomb attack on Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul in December. An airport cleaner was killed and several aeroplanes were damaged. But it is not the first time the group has launched attacks in popular areas with tourists. In June 2010, five people were killed after an attack on a military bus in Istanbul while later that year in October, a suicide bomb hit police at Taksim Square in Istanbul.

 

 

3 Comments

Leave a Comment