North Korea Threatens to Suspend Talks With the United State

According to North Korea’s deputy foreign minister, Pyongyang has no intention of yielding to Washington’s demands after the failure of the Hanoi summit.

North Korea plans to suspend talks with the United States on the denuclearization of the Korean peninsula, the deputy foreign minister said on Friday (March 15th), quoted by the Russian news agency Tass.

Pyongyang has no intention of giving in to all Washington’s demands, Choe Son-hui added at a press conference in the North Korean capital. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un will make an official announcement to express his position, he said.

The statement came two weeks after the conclusion of the second summit between Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump, which attributed the outcome to the demands of the North Korean leader who was demanding a total lifting of the sanctions. against North Korea because of its nuclear and ballistic activities.

A US State Department official said at the beginning of the week that a third summit between Trump and Kim was possible, echoing the optimism posted earlier this month by Mike Pompeo on the impending continuation of the talks despite the failure from the Hanoi summit.

According to the South Korean media, South Korean intelligence has gathered evidence that North Korea is renovating part of a missile launch site that it has undertaken to dismantle as well as promised at the first summit between Trump and Kim on June 12th.

An activity was also detected in a factory that produced the first North Korean ballistic missiles capable of reaching US territory.

 

Reviewer overview

North Korea threatens to suspend talks with the United State - North Korea, suspend, talks, United State/10

Summary

According to North Korea's deputy foreign minister, Pyongyang has no intention of yielding to Washington's demands after the failure of the Hanoi summit.

0 Bad!

116 Comments