Coca-Cola and Netflix Publish Reports
Global markets would be in risk-off mode after yesterday’s slump in oil prices. WTI futures for delivery in May fell to -37.63 USD, with the negative sign before the number not being a typo. This was a decrease of around 300% within one day. The US and Asian stocks have fallen and European futures are pointing to a lower opening.
Not many market-changing economic data are planned for today. The UK labor market report for February was published at 8:00 a.m. and showed weaker wage growth (2.8% compared to 3.1% in January) and a higher unemployment rate (4% compared to 3.9% in January). However, the report did not cover the period of the coronavirus disorders.
The ZEW index could be important as it will be an early indication of sentiment among German investment experts as one moves towards another month of lockdowns.
10:00 am: Poland – industrial production for March. Expectation: -1.7% / previous value: 4.9% (year-on-year comparison)
11:00 a.m .: Germany – ZEW index for April. Expectation: -41 points / preliminary value: -49.5 points
2:30 p.m .: Canada – February retail sales. Expectation: 0.3% / previous value: 0.4% (monthly comparison)
4:00 p.m .: USA – Sales of existing homes for March. Expectation: 5.3 million / previous value: 5.77 million
10:40 p.m .: USA – Crude Oil Inventory API Report. Expectation: 16.1 million barrels / previous value: 13.1 million barrels
Important quarterly reports from the USA:
– Chubb (ISIN CH0044328745 / WKN A0Q636) – after US opening
– Coca-Cola (ISIN US1912161007 / WKN 850663) – before US opening
– Lockheed Martin (ISIN US5398301094 / WKN 894648) – before US opening
– Netflix (ISIN US64110L1061 / WKN 552484) – after US opening
– Philip Morris International (ISIN US7181721090 / WKN A0NDBJ) – before U.S. opening
– Travelers (ISIN US89417E1091 / WKN A0MLX4) – before US opening (April 21, 2020 / ac / a / m)
Coca-Cola and Netflix Publish Reports - /10
Global markets would be in risk-off mode after yesterday's slump in oil prices.