The Ideal Foods for Winter
In winter with the cold we spend more time at home and we are tempted with high-calorie products. But, in order to fully live this time, it is important to be healthy and strong. That is why it is essential to take care of food.
In winter we must be careful not to neglect our body. It usually happens that low temperatures lead us to put aside salads, fresh fruits or water. To avoid this, I included these foods in your menu:
1) Broccoli and raw leafy greens. The first is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and very low in calories. The latter provide chlorophyll with a cleansing effect and enzymes. The idea is not to abandon the vegetables. Consume them cooked, wok with olive oil, in stews with homemade tomato sauce, scrambled with egg whites or in baked tortillas.
2) Tomato. It is an excellent source of fiber, they have a huge amount of vitamins, including those of group C and E that have excellent antioxidant capacity. Prevents cellular oxidation and speeds up the purification of toxic products. It is convenient to remove the skin at the time of consumption because the largest amount of harmful chemicals are deposited in it.
3) Dried fruits. Walnuts contain a lot of calcium and are ideal for keeping bones in good condition. They are highly recommended in older people who may have an easier time decalcification, especially in women who are postmenopausal and in children. They should be eaten fresh, because their high fat content makes them go rancid just peeled.
4) Infusions. Consume fruit tea and green tea. Also broths, but they have to be homemade because instant ones contain many harmful additives.
5) Drinks. It is convenient to reduce and even eliminate toxic and exciting substances such as caffeine from the diet. Also stimulant drinks: they excite but do not nourish and their continued use produces nervous wear, exhaustion and lack of adaptation to stress.
6) Soups. They can be carrot, pumpkin or any vegetable. You can add seeds to make them more nutritious (chia to incorporate omega 3, sesame to provide extra calcium, etc.)
7) Fruits. Take advantage of citrus fruits at this time of year, which are rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Some examples are kiwi, orange, tangerine, and grapefruit.
8) Fish. They are the most recommended proteins. It is suggested to consume them between 4 or 5 times a week.
9) Meats. The fat-free reds and chicken should complete the weekly menu.
10) Eggs. We must not forget them to complete a balanced diet. They are a rich source of protein and better if they are organic. They can be consumed every day.
By following these simple tips we can provide our body with good nutrients that allow us to enjoy winter.
The Ideal Foods for Winter - /10